All our pigs are locally sourced and are fed with organic food and with every hog roast you will receive a pig that will be large enough to feed all of your guests. Our rolls and bread are all freshly made on the day from our local artisan bakery in Great Torrington. Check them out here.
Below are examples of some of our hog roast menus that we supply. All these are flexible and can be changed to meet your requirements.
Hog roast includes:
• Slow roasted Locally quality hog seasoned with sea salt
• Homemade British Bramley apple sauce
• Traditional sage and onion stuffing
• Locally baked white baps
• Succulent crackling
• Napkins and biodegradable plates and wooden cutlery
• All ovens and equipment to do the catering are included
• A chef in full whites to cook and carve the hog roast and Assistant to serve out of a small marquee.
As our Bronze Menu with the addition of a choice of freshly prepared salads:
Homemade coleslaw, tomato and mozzarella salad with a basil dressing, mixed salad, Caesar salad, or new potato salad with Chives.
As our Silver Menu with the addition of a choice of a jacket potato with butter, roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary, warm buttered new potatoes or new potato salad.
As our Gold Menu with the addition of a choice of delicious desserts: apple pie with cream, chocolate gateaux, strawberry gateaux, chocolate fudge cake or carrot cake
Our hog roast menus are all flexible and we will provide the complete catering service. We cook & carve the pig, serve it with rolls, apple sauce, sage and onion stuffing, sauces and condiments. There is also a choice of salads and vegetarian options available. The food is served on high quality recycled paper plates with napkins and biodegradable wooden cutlery. We can provide china plates and silver cutlery at extra cost.
• Homemade coleslaw
• Tomato and mozzarella salad with a basil dressing
• Mixed salad- (seasonal lettuce, tomato, cucumber with a balsamic dressing)
• Caesar salad – (romaine lettuce and croutons topped with parmesan in a tangy Caesar salad dressing
• Jacket potatoes with butter, roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary, warm buttered new potatoes new potato salad with egg or chives
We can also provide homemade canapes and puddings, local cheese board, tea and coffee. Please see our EXTRAs tab.
Our BBQ option is becoming ever popular and is a great option for smaller volumes of guests. All our meats and produce comes from either our own farm where possible or our trusted, reputable butcher providing only high quality produce with animal welfare our highest priority.
Some of the meats we can offer include;
• BBQ pork ribs
• Chicken skewers (BBQ flavour, Chinese, honey glazed, Tikka)
• Steak – rib-eye/rump or sirloin
• Veggie burger
• Hand made traditional pork sausages
• Hand made Cumberland sausages
• Hand made steak burgers
• Hand made pork and apple burgers
• Halloumi kebabs
For the BBQ we can also supply the freshly baked rolls and seasonal salads or vegetarian additional extras.
Whichever option you choose we guarantee your guests will not leave hungry!
We do not display our prices, not because we are hiding anything, but because we can offer a fully tailored service to match your exact needs. However, please be assured that you will be surprised how affordable The North Devon Hog Roast Company can be to feed your guests whether its a Hog Roast, or a BBQ!