All our pigs are locally sourced and with every hog roast you will receive a pig that will be large enough to feed all of your guests. High-welfare meat, truly offers a healthier and tastier way to eat.
Our rolls and bread are all freshly made on the day from our local artisan bakery in Great Torrington – the fabulous Green Lantern.
Being a family business means that we cook and cater for you in the way we would expect to be treated ourselves. We believe that our generous portions, excellent quality food, flexibility and level of service offer a cost-effective alternative to expensive formal catering, with that certain relaxed approach, more typical of a medieval banquet or a French soirée!
We’re all about North Devon!
Our location ensures that all of our menus are prepared using the finest and freshest produce that the west country has to offer.
Hog roast includes:
• A chef in full whites to cook and carve the hog roast and an Assistant to serve out of a small marquee or converted horse trailer
• Slow roasted Locally quality hog seasoned with sea salt
• Homemade British Bramley apple sauce
• Traditional sage and onion stuffing
• Locally baked white baps
• Succulent crackling
• Napkins and biodegradable plates and wooden cutlery
• All ovens and equipment to do the catering are included
• A chef in full whites to cook and carve the hog roast and assistant to serve out of a small marquee or converted horse trailer.
As our Bronze Menu with the addition of a choice of freshly prepared salads:
Homemade coleslaw, tomato and mozzarella salad with a basil dressing, mixed salad, Greek salad, vibrant beetroot salad (beetroot, chickpea and spinach salad), green bean salad (green beans, tomatoes, onions, garlic & chillies), pasta pesto, roasted vegetables with cous cous
As our Silver Menu with the addition of a choice of a jacket potato with butter, roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary, warm buttered new potatoes or new potato salad.
As our Gold Menu with the addition of a choice of delicious desserts: apple pie with cream, chocolate gateaux, strawberry gateaux, chocolate fudge cake or carrot cake
Our hog roast menus are all flexible and we will provide the complete catering service. We cook & carve the pig, serve it with rolls, apple sauce, sage and onion stuffing, sauces and condiments. There is also a choice of salads and vegetarian options available. The food is served on high quality recycled paper plates with napkins and biodegradable wooden cutlery. We can provide china plates and silver cutlery at extra cost.
• Homemade coleslaw
• Tomato and mozzarella salad with a basil dressing
• Mixed salad- (seasonal lettuce, tomato, cucumber with a balsamic dressing)
• Greek salad – (refreshing & delicious! Made with cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, olives & feta in the most amazing dressing!)
• Vibrant Beetroot Salad Beetroot chickpea and spinach salad
• Green Bean Salad (Green Beans, Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic & Chilies)
• Pasta pesto and olive Fusilli pasta, pesto, marinated olives, rocket and parmesan
• Roasted vegetables with cous cous – (made with beautiful produce, boosting complex & vibrant flavours from the roasted butternut squash, garlic, infused honey, balsamic and other delicious roasted seasonal vegetables served on a bed of cous cous)
• Roasted Butternut Squash basted with our own honey, garlic infused with basil & Halloumi Pasta
• Roasted Tomato & Basil tart – Summer in a tart! Slow-roasted cherry tomatoes in a rich, creamy filling flavoured with mozzarella, cheddar and fresh basil in a crisp shortcrust pastry shell.
• Ratatouille – – Aubergine, Courgettes, Pepper, Tomatoes, Onion and garlic infused with Basil and drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar and our own honey.
• Vegan Thai Curry – Thai noodle curry, packed with vegetables, coconut milk, chilli and spices.
• Spinach, sweet potato & lentil dhal with rice.
• Halloumi Kebabs
• Jacket potatoes with butter,
• Crispy roast potatoes with homemade gravy
• Warm buttered new potatoes
• New potato salad with our delicious twist!
We do not display our prices, not because we are hiding anything, but because we can offer a fully tailored service to match your exact needs. For those who have not used our services before, we would like the opportunity to reiterate that our Hog Roast is a cost effective and timely way of feeding a large group of people. There is no VAT to add on any menus.